$12.00 an hour + Benefits (after 90 days)
Bilingual - English/Vietnamese required
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Respond to incoming calls from members, providers, clients and internal departments regarding member eligibility, plan benefits, enrollment and general information
- Conduct outbound calls to welcome members, respond to voice messages, conduct surveys, etc.
- Educate members regarding rights and responsibilities
- Assist in the orientation and training of new employees in department procedures, protocols and administrative tasks
- Identify and report fraud, waste and abuse
- Maintain written documentation per company guidelines
- Demonstrate professionalism and cultural competency at all times
- Meet departmental performance goals
- Participate and understand scope of responsibility pertaining to quality improvement plans
- Carry out other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Bilingual English/Vietnamese required
- Knowledge of Medicaid/CHIP programs a plus
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Computer experience required
Media Riders Inc. is a woman-owned corporation that was formed in 1996. Our major lines of business include: Staffing / Consulting, Training and Outreach services, Project Management, Enrollment Services, and Installations / Deployments within numerous civil and defense agencies.
Location: Austin, Texas
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification.
One year previous experience in a production environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions in English, including
any manuals or guidelines written for particular projects.
Must be able to adapt to changes in procedure and policy quickly.
Must be able to recognize and distinguish skills and be able to interpret and understand requirements set out in technical and procedural manuals provided for assigned project(s).
Should know how to operate a personal computer, in particular, a keyboard, mouse, and scan wand.
Assists with functions and/or major activities directly supervised by incumbents in the position. Little direct supervision is needed.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required. Good hand -- eye coordination.
Ability to perform comfortably in a fast paced, deadline oriented work environment.
Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Achieving and maintaining a thorough awareness of the project(s) assigned. This may involve assisting the Production Supervisor with:
- Understanding the contract provisions as they affect production.
- Comprehending how the Client project interfaces with customer's work.
- Developing, re-evaluating and insuring adherence to the most efficient procedures and workflow of the project(s) assigned; being able to handle exceptions to the flow of production.
- Insuring the quality, accuracy and pace of production.
- Taking care of disruptions and causes of disruptions to work flow or any other facet of a project.
Informing the Production Supervisor when team members are eligible for other assignments, especially in the instance of a decrease in work on a project.
Informing the Production Supervisor when an increase in work necessitates additional personnel to a team.
Anticipating the need for and placing orders for supplies and materials through established procedures so that work is not interrupted.
Interact with the customer via email and phone in a professional manner.
Performing other duties as assigned.