SCHEDULE - Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm
Pay rate : Starting at $14.00/hr
Job Summary: Receives, categorizes, and prepares mail and documents and routes mail for scanning.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
6 months work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required. Good hand – eye coordination.
- Must comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions in English, including any manuals or guidelines provided for particular projects.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in procedure and policy quickly.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 35 pounds.
- Must be able to recognize and distinguish among various documents and document types.
- Must be able to judge whether documents can be scanned.
- Must be able to review and categorize documents quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to operate and use office tools and equipment, including, but not limited to, staplers, staple removers, hole-punches, and binder clips.
- Must be able to remove documents from containers (boxes, files, folders, etc.) and return them to containers in proper order.
- Should know how to operate a personal computer, in particular a keyboard, mouse, monitor and scan wand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares files and documents by removing staples, paperclips, covers and bindings;
- Repairing torn or damaged documents;
- Placing bar code labels on boxes, files and /or documents; and/or barcode separator sheets within paper documents per business rules
- Completing the prepping information required on batch information sheet and placing these sheets on appropriate boxes;
- Forwarding prepared files to scanning or the next designated step in the process;
- Identifying large, multi-component documents that cannot be handled according to the normally defined steps of the workflow;
- Forwarding prepared files to the next designated step for the assigned project;
- Using a scan wand to document bar code labels;
- Preparing documents to be returned to customers according to specified requirements;
- Handling document inventory tasks as assigned;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Environmental Factors and Physical requirements:The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.