The Business Analyst offers functional and in-depth analysis in support of project scope and objectives. Utilizing problem solving and analytical skills to support current processes and assist in the creation of process improvements. Provides aid to their work and the work of other by using a keen eye for details to help avoid costly or disruptive errors. Comfortable with leading projects from start to finish. Demonstrates an ownership mentality with objectives and overcoming challenges.
Representative Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Apply updates to the reference file tables to support Medicaid policy, with a firm commitment to quality.
• Perform analysis, planning, development, testing and deployment of assigned projects that are owned by other analyst or departments.
• Review and analyze setup of claims processing engine with an eye towards troubleshooting and improving functionality.
• Researches identified issues and reports to management with complete problem definition, evaluation, and potential solution(s).
• Operates independently and can adjust quickly to the complex demands of work and daily customer interchange.
• Significant experience using Excel and Word.
• Can stay flexible while handling a variety of assignments in various stages at the same time.
• Participate in internal or external workgroups
• Minimum of 1 years of experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Prior health insurance, Medicaid and/or claims processing, including ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS
• Significant experience using spreadsheet and word processing functionality
• Flexibility and ability to handle a variety of assignments in various stages at the same time
• Excellent oral and written communications
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills